Use these resources to help your licensing journey.

NLC: Yes | Walkthrough: No | Temp License: Yes | Nursys: Yes

Temporary License

Approximately 10-15 business days upon receipt of required documents. The temporary license is valid for 90 days.


Permanent License

45-60 calendar days. Additional time is added with positive history questions.



Endorsement Application: $195.00
Temporary Permit: $25.00

Application Process

1. Complete and submit an application for Licensure by Endorsement online

2. Pay the associated fees

3. Check “yes” to request a temporary license in your application

4. Upload a copy of your social security card and another form of lawful presence (driver’s license, birth certificate, United States passport, permanent resident card).

5. Verification of license original state license – if that license is not active then you will need to submit verification from all your licenses.

• If the state(s) participate in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Wyoming as the receipt of the verification.

• If the state(s) do not participate in Nursys, you must contact the state Boards directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification for License form to complete and then they will submit it directly to the Virginia Board of Nursing on your behalf.

6. Submit official transcripts

• The transcripts must be sent directly from your nursing school to the Wyoming Board of Nursing.

7. Submit fingerprint cards

• You can be fingerprinted at your local law enforcement agency

• Mail in two (2) “blue” completed FBI Fingerprint cards to the Wyoming Board of Nursing

8. Documentation for any “yes” answers to the Eligibility Questions (if applicable). You will receive a temporary license while the Wyoming Board of Nursing is awaiting the results from your complete background check.


Renewal License

• Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years

• Required contact hours: choose one from the following:

• 50 practice hours within the past 2 years

• 1,600 practice hours within the past 5 years

• 20 continuing education units in the past 2 years

• Refresher or reentry program in the past 5 years Foreign Educated Applicants

• Foreign educated applicants must submit a Foreign Educated Application and meet the following criteria:

• Graduate from an international education program (approved by the authorized accrediting body in the applicable country and verified by an independent credential review agency). See Accepted Credentialing Agencies below.

• Successfully complete the NCLEX-PN or NCLEX –RN exam.

• Provide verification of nursing licensure status and/or authorization to practice, if applicable, from country of origin.

• Successfully pass an English proficiency exam that includes the components of reading, speaking, writing and listening (except for applicants from countries where English is the native language and the nursing program was taught in English and used English textbooks).

• Provide a copy of your social security card AND another form of lawful presence (driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, or other items listed on the application.)

• Graduated from a foreign pre-licensure nursing education program within 5 years from date of application. Accepted transcript credentialing agencies:

• CGFNS course-by-course evaluation (Commission for Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools); or

• CGFNS certificate program (CES); or • ERES (Education Records Evaluation Service); or

• IERF (International Education Research Foundation, Inc); or

• Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.

• If you are a foreign educated nurse and are currently licensed in the US, you will submit an Endorsement Application instead of the Foreign Educated Application.


Important Things to Know About Applying for Licensure for Endorsement 

• Your application for Licensure by Endorsement will expire after one (1) year.

• Issuance of your permanent license is dependent upon receipt of your Complete Background Check results from DCI.

• If you have answered “yes” to any of the eligibility questions, your application may be referred to the Application Review Committee.