NLC: Yes | Walkthrough: No | Temp License: Yes | Nursys: Yes
Approximately 7-15 business days upon receipt of all required documents. During peak times it can take up to 30 business days to process. The date the payment is processed will count as the first business day for processing times. The temporary license is valid for 90 days.
Endorsement Application: $82.00
Temporary Permit: $10.00
1. Mail in your completed application for Licensure by Endorsement
2. Pay the associated fees
3. Verification of original state license AND a current state. If the initial exam state license is still active, only that state’s license verification is required.
• If the state(s) participate in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Wisconsin as the receipt of the verification.
• If the state(s) do not participate in Nursys, you must contact the state/s Boards directly for further instructions. They will need to submit official verification of license to the Wisconsin Board of Nursing (by mail or email) on your behalf. You will receive a temporary license while the Wisconsin Board of Nursing is awaiting your official verification of license coming from a state that does not participate in Nursys. If the state you were originally licensed in does not participate in Nursys you can have your official transcripts sent in (usually quicker) so that you can receive a temporary license.
4. Fingerprints – (if applicable)
• If you are applying for a multi-state license you will receive information on how to obtain digital fingerprints after the Department has received a signed Authorization for Release of FBI Information
• Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
• No required contact hours