NLC: Yes | Walkthrough: No | Temp License: No | Nursys: Yes
A minimum of 10 days and within 30 days upon receipt of a completed application and all required documents.
Endorsement Application & Licensing: $110.00
1. Submit an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
2. Pay the associated fees
3. An electronic fingerprint appointment with a Livescan service provider and get fingerprinted and bring the Electronic Fingerprinting fo rm with you.
4. Verification of all licenses
• If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Florida as the receipt of the verification.
• If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. They will need to submit an official Verification of License form to the Florida Board of Nursing on your behalf.
Once all materials are submitted, an application specialist will review them. It may be necessary for the application specialist to request additional information.
Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
• Online renewal application
• Pay the associated fees 24 hours of appropriate continuing education during each renewal period, including:
• Two (2) hours relating to the prevention of medical errors
• Two (2) hours in Laws and Rules in Nursing In addition to these 24 hours of general continuing education, every third renewal two (2) hours of domestic violence continuing education must be completed for a total of 26 hours. If you are applying to “upgrade” to the multistate license and Florida is your primary state, you must complete a Livescan background screening if you have not done so within 90 days of applying.
Important Things to Know About Applying for Licensure for Endorsement
• Florida’s Board of Nursing has quick tips and FAQs to assist you with the application.
• When all requirements are met the license will be issued. Timing can be done under 30 days, really dependent upon how proactive the applicant is in completing requirements.
• Employment Verification – NOT NEEDED for applicants who took the NCLEX or have an active license.