NLC: Yes | Walkthrough: No | Temp License: Yes | Nursys: Yes
Approximately 2 weeks upon receipt of all required documents. The temporary license is valid for 6 months and may not be reissued.
Endorsement Application: $125.00 Temporary Permit: $30.00
1. Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
• Pay the associated fees.
• Provide a valid United States Social Security Number.
2. Verification of your original state licensure
• If the state does participate in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Arkansas as the receipt of the verification.
• If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. They will need to submit an official Verification of Licensure form to the Arkansas Board of Nursing on your behalf.
3. Complete Background Check – Obtained either by Arkansas Live Scan fingerprint scanning or ink-based fingerprint card *Timing is weeks faster if you decide to get your fingerprints done through Live Scan. The Board of Nursing receives the results within a week, rather than waiting 4-6 weeks for the fingerprint cards.
4. If you were educated outside of the United States, you must also complete this checklist 5. If you have not been engaged in the active practice of nursing for a period greater than five (5) years, you need to document completion of the following:
• Active practice of nursing for a minimum of one thousand hours (1,000) within the one year immediately prior to application.
• Verification of employment.
• Completion of an Arkansas approved refresher course within one (1) year of the date of application.
• Graduation from an approved nursing education program within one year of the date of application.
• The Arkansas State Board of Nursing renews licenses on a staggered biennial birthdate system.
• The first license may be valid from 91 days to two years depending upon one’s birth date. 15 required contact hours, national certification/recertification, or completion of one college credit hour course in nursing with grade C or better.
Important Things to Know About Applying for Licensure for Endorsement
• Once a license (temporary or permanent) is issued, licensure status may be verified by accessing the ASBN Registry Search. ASBN does not mail out a paper license.
• A one-time blue plastic license card will be mailed to you in approximately two months; this card is not considered primary source verification of licensure.