NLC: No | Walkthrough: No | Temp License: No | Nursys: Yes
Approximately 3-5 business days upon receipt of all required documents.
Endorsement Application: $150.00
1. Register for an account
2. Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
3. Pay the associated fees
4. Submit verification of your original nursing license AND the nursing license from your most recent state of nursing employment
• If the state(s) participate in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Vermont as the receipt of the verification.
• If the state(s) do not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Boards directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification of License form to complete and submit to the Vermont Board of Nursing on your behalf.
• Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
• No continuing education requirements
• Practice hour requirements – provide proof of either 50 days or 400 hours in the last two years.
• 30 days after the renewal period ends, OPR conducts an audit. A percentage of licensees are chosen at random. OPR will review the information uploaded at renewal and if selected you will need to obtain a letter verifying your practice hours. Requirements
• You must be licensed or certified in good standing in another jurisdiction in which the standards and qualifications required for regulation in that jurisdiction are substantially equivalent to Vermont’s
• You must have worked a minimum of 50 days (400 hours) in the last two years, or 120 days (960 hours) in the last 5 years under that license.
Important Things to Know About Applying for Licensure for Endorsement
• Currently, you do not need to complete a background check in order to apply for licensure.
• The Board of Nursing will notify you by email if there are additional items required for your application.