NLC: Yes | Walkthrough: No | Temp License: Yes | Nursys: Yes
Approximately within 5 business days upon receipt of all required documents. The temporary license is valid for 6 months.
Temporary License: $60.00
Permanent License: $150.00
Criminal Background Check (paid to 3M Cognet): $44.00
1. Complete an application for Licensure by Endorsement online
2. Complete criminal background check and fingerprints In-State –
• Application: Criminal Background Check information
• Register online
• Choose a fingerprint location
• Travel to chosen fingerprint location and pay for your criminal background Check (if not already paid online) and any additional fees required by the fingerprint location. Out-of-State –
• Obtain two fingerprint cards. (FD-258) • Register online
• Get fingerprinted on the fingerprint cards, write the registration id number on the back of both cards.
• Mail fingerprint cards to 3M Cogent
3. Verification of original state of licensure
• If the state participates in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate New Mexico as the receipt of the verification.
• If the state does not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Board directly for further instructions. You will need to send them the Verification of Licensure form to complete and submit to the New Mexico Board of Nursing on your behalf.
A temporary license is available to you if the New Mexico Board of Nursing is awaiting a written verification of licensure. If the state participates in Nursys there is no need to request a temporary license.
• Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
• 30 required contact hours
• You can follow these detailed instructions how to renew your license