NLC: Yes | Walkthrough: No | Temp License: No | Nursys: Yes
Approximately 2-3 weeks upon receipt of all required documents.
Endorsement Application: $95.00
Fingerprints: Are no extra cost if you get them done at the DOPL office.
1. Register your account
2. Complete an online application for Licensure by Endorsement
3. Request official verification of at least one active license equivalent to the classification being requested Verification must include education and exam information.
• If the state(s) participate in Nursys, you must complete the Nursys verification process, pay their fee and designate Utah as the receipt of the verification.
• If the state(s) do not participate in Nursys, you must contact their state Boards directly for further instructions. You will need to send them a Verification of License form to complete and submit to the Utah Board of Nursing on your behalf. *Your application can not be processed until the verification is received.
4. Complete fingerprints and criminal background check
• Go into any law enforcement agency and mail in two (2) sets of fingerprint cards (Form FD-258) OR
• Go into DOPLs office where fingerprint services are available 8:00a-4:30p (no appointment is necessary)
• Fingerprint services in Utah can be found here
5. If you are a foreign graduate you must meet the Board of Nursing’s requirements (if applicable).
6. Provide supporting documents for any of the “yes” answers provided on either of the qualifying questions (pages 2 & 3 of application) (if applicable)..
• Renewal of your license occurs every 2 years
• Your RN license will expire on January 31 of odd years
• Required contact hours – licensed practice for at least 400 hours OR licensed practice for at least 200 hours and completed 15 hours of approved continuing education OR completed 30 hours of approved education
Important Things to Know About Applying for Licensure for Endorsement
• If you do not have all the items submitted to the Board of Nursing within 30 days, your application will be denied