Recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts as one of the fastest growing staffing firms in the nation, ARMStaffing is a respected leader in the healthcare staffing sector. We value our employees and recognize and reward hard work. We lead with our Core Values.
- Approachable – We are always welcoming
- Respectful – We cultivate every relationship with integrity
- Motivated – GRIT is in our DNA – We do things right
- Specialized – We are nurse staffing experts
Purpose: Enrich Lives
We have a commitment and culture of going “Above and Beyond” to provide the best possible experience for our clients, nurses, and internal team.
Job SummaryThe primary function of this role is to manage the payroll team and work closely with the billing team to ensure timely and accurate services. Oversight includes payroll processing in accordance with all DOL requirements, and providing support to the external staff and recruitment team for payroll-related topics and concerns. This leadership position ensures that ARMS ‘White Glove Service’ is provided in the execution of the deliverables of the department for all internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises Payroll Team
- Provide leadership of the timekeeping team to drive efficiency and process improvement of the department.
- Manage team communication regarding PTO, Sick Days, Tardiness and notify Manager and Director of Finance of requests.
- Escalate employee issues to Director of Finance and assist with action plans and improvement plans when necessary.
- Assist with Performance reviews and compensation reviews.
- Supervises team payroll processing and related activities
- Assists with Career Pathing training for new and existing team members
- Reviews the payroll reports.
- Payroll Process Oversight
- Participate in the accurate and timely compilation, preparation, and processing of a weekly payroll in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policies and procedures for contract and per diem employees.
- Run Payroll Report, Finalization Full and Partial
- Serve as the expert for payroll matters ensuring that cases are resolved as quickly as possible with a focus on providing superior customer service
- Assist team where they may be falling behind
- Knowledgeable of all Vendor Management Systems for timekeeping purposes.
- Processes garnishment/child support/liens set up and processing and communicate updates necessary to the employee. Monitor garnishments and other benefit costs.
- Collaborate with billing as it relates to payroll and their system updates.
- Creates strong field staff and client relationships, fully understand how each client operates with timekeeping, invoicing, and payments.
- Advise field staff on proper timekeeping procedures upon placement and manage team expectations as it relates to communicating with field staff when there are timekeeping concerns
- Solves problems concerning payroll, answers inquiries, and enforces payroll policies within established pay practices, company policy and federal/state guidelines.
- Engage necessary departments in support of customer objectives and needs to optimize the field staff and client experience.
- Ensures that all proper traveler tax withholdings are accurate (Lived In/Worked In Audit)
- Covid Pay Tracking and Processing
- Paid Sick Time Processing – Specific States
- Referral Bonus Tracking and Processing
- Database Administration
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of personnel database, including data entry into ATS/Staffing Software and Payroll Systems.
- Collaborate with Human Resources to complete onboarding processes for new and returning employees.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with payroll software.
- Skilled in problem solving, organization, and disseminating information
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills with strong sense of customer service.
- Solution oriented with a high sense of quality, attention to detail, accuracy, efficiency, and meeting tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment with multiple interruptions
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage confidential, sensitive information.
- Ability to evaluate internal processes and communicate effectively to bring ideas to leadership.
- Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required. A combination of experience and lesser degree may be considered.
Experience and Training
- 3-5 years management experience.
- 5+ years payroll experience.
- Proficient computer skills, especially with Microsoft Office (Word & Excel).
- Full-time, Exempt Salaried
- Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Reports to Director of Finance
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job class. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
ARMStaffing is an EEO Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We adhere to CDC guidelines with respect to Covid-19
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Allentown, PA 18106: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 2 years (Preferred)